The Axiom Adirondack Handlebar Bag is big enough for all your essentials that quickly becomes a small shoulder bag when you are off your bicycle.
What I Like About the Axiom Adirondack Handlebar Bag
Shoulder bag – quickly removed from your bicycle and becomes a shoulder bag with the strap which is included
Mounting – there are 3 straps to easily and securely attach the bag to the bike
Lightweight – at only 0.4 pounds this handlebar bag is lighter than most other styles
What I Don’t Like About the Axiom Adirondack Handlebar Bag
Water Resistant – it is not water proof so you will need to wrap things like a camera, wallet or cell phone in a plastic bag. The bag I have is similar and I have not found that to be a problem.
Who is the Axiom Adirondack Handlebar Bag Intended For
- Perfect for recreational rider on day trips
- Also good for those commuting by bicycle
- Amazon states it would be good for any cyclotourist although I feel it may be a be small for that
Axiom Adirondack Handlebar Bag Features and Specifications
- Made with water-resistant 600d nylon with 3M REFLEX reflective trim. The high level fabric used in all Axiom bags has exceptionally low off-gassing characteristics (open up a bag and you notice it doesn’t smell like plastic or chemicals!) that exceed even European standards
- Large main compartment
- Size is 8.25” x 10.5” x 3.25” with volume of 305 cubic inches
- Strap mounting system for easy loading on your bicycle
- Shoulder strap which is handy when not on your bike
- Weights 0.4 pounds or 190 grams
- Black color
Axiom Adirondack Handlebar Bag Reviews
There were a number of reviews from cyclists who have purchased and use the Axiom Adirondack Handlebar Bag and they said it offers great quality.
Many reviewers mentioned the ability to easily mount the bag. For example typical headbar bags are heavy and use clamps to attach. That would require moving my speedometer and handlebar padding. However this bag has two straps for attaching to the handlebar and a lower velcro strap for the frame. It fits great around my brake and shift cables and doesn’t interfere with my hands while riding
Other cyclists mounted the bag facing them on the handlebars, not out in front over the tire.
There are pockets with one cyclist stating the outer mesh pocket easily holds cell phone, glasses and small map. Above it is another pocket where I store a zip lock bag with first aid supplies, also paper and pencil. The main compartment has an additional small zip pocket to store wallet cards or cash, the strap to convert this to a shoulder bag should you park the bike, and enough space for sandwiches, snacks, hand sanitizer, kleenex and packable windbreaker or poncho.
Click here to see all of our bicycle handlebar bags. If you are a bicycle commuter or recreational rider who requires a small and easily detachable bag then the Axiom Adirondack Handlebar Bag is for you.